Anna Agafonova, our Ambassador in Bangkok attended WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2019 ASIA – BANGKOK on behalf of Women of Wearables and was speaking about Virtual Reality and travel.
She was invited to speak at an Enable Tech session, as well as to help to invite more female professionals in wearables.
Here are her main takeaways from the event and the market in general:
• Wearables has a huge potential in Asia, and in Bangkok in particular with a massive focus on healthtech. Almost 40% of all wearables start ups of this region are in this area.
• Wearables in Asia are still in the beginning of their growth though, and it is clear a lot has to be done in education, starting with schools and universities. The percentage of people who know about wearables, and know what the impact on the market is, is minimal.
• Eyereables have a huge potential as well as showing big growth; however it needs to have a big push on content, and deliver better quality and smaller gear.
• VR is a fantastic tool for driving businesses forward, it finds a lot of cross-paths with other areas of wearables and wider tech. In order to make a jump it should work on improving data collection and analysis.
• The industry is very male dominated and there is a lot to be done in bringing more diversity into it. For example there was only 1 female speaker from 13, and around 5% of females in the audience.
We are very much interested to hear from you if you would like to be a part of the journey on bringing more diversity to the wearables tech industry in Asia! Get in touch with us via email at email@example.com if you would like to collaborate with our global teams!